Sunday, March 11, 2012

Where to, Mr. Manning?

Jim Irsay just made a HUGE mistake. Who would willing let go of Peyton Manning?! "It's the business end of football... get used to it" I hear the excuse. Forget that! Peyton put Indy on the map, he brought a franchise to the elite list, he broke numerous records... to have him sitting on the sideline would be a blessing. He could mentor the next in line QB, he'd be an outstanding offensive coach. Plus, he still may be able to play next year. WTF, Irsay?!?!? You are a moron. That and loyalty means apparently nothing to you. Business end! BAH! The best business would be keeping Peyton around, no matter what. Now, Peyton is hot on the market (get the hint, Irsay? Everyone wants him!). He's interviewed in Denver, Arizona, Miami, and I'm sure there's more to come. I read something, hopefully just a rumor, that if Peyton is signed in Denver, the Broncs would let Tebow go. Again, sheer stupidity. I hope that is not true. Tebow proved he's a fighter and willing to improve. Who wouldn't want that to work with? There is just so much wheeling and dealing in the NFL. The days of loyalty and playing for one team for your career are long gone. It's sad to see. I did laugh when I read that if Peyton came to Denver, he could mentor Tebow like Favre did Aaron Rodgers. HA! The whole reason I started disliking Favre is when Rodgers came to town and Brett started whining that it wasn't his job to mentor anyone. (sure it is, Brett. It's like passing down traditions to your kids; unless you don't want them doing anything like you did, teach them everything!) This scenario in Denver would be good, but if the rumor is true, it wouldn't matter. The only thing is, I used to be a Broncos fan before I became a 9ers fan. (ps, I am loyal, and won't switch teams) But if Peyton goes to the Broncos, and Tebow stays... wonder if God is telling me something!