Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Denver, Denver, Denver *shakes head*

Oh Denver, you never learn! As a former Broncos fan (yes, I was a kid, but still followed the game even then), I can say this is why I left you: You'll never learn! Loyalty means nothing to you. Tebow gave you a dream year then you dumped all over him. Now please don't get me wrong. No one loves Peyton Manning more than me. I've been very up-front and honest from the start about that. Ever since that MNF game against Tampa Bay in 2003, when Peyton lead the Colts in the last 5 minutes of the game from a 3 TD deficit to win, I have followed his career very closely. I've been reading a lot on these recent developments, and one author in particular, Mark Kriegel has an obvious dislike for Manning. To sum up Mr. Kriegel's opinion, he thinks Peyton is an old, spoiled-brat princess QB who is money hungry. There are quite a few, to my surprise, who feel the same way. In my view, Peyton saved the Colts a whole lotta mullah when he didn't re-sign with the Colts. That freed up a lot of cash for Irsey to play with. Peyton was pretty vocal in his desire to play for the Colts and remain in Indy. Irsey saw a crack in the door and foolishly opened it wide. Peyton is a gamble as far as his longevity's to play, I understand that. All it could take is one bad hit and he's done. But, BUT this is Peyton Manning! To have him donning your colors is a blessing! He is master of the game (tho his obvious weakness is playoffs). To have him sitting on the sidelines would be good enough. Peyton is a competitor, tho, naturally he wants to play. But, Irsey, has to look to the future, and I guess for whatever reason, he didn't see having Peyton on his sidelines make sense. So let the negotiations begin! In walks, Miami, Arizona, San Fran, Denver... the list grew. They all, rightly so, want Peyton. Peyton went for Denver. I'm not sure what he's seeing in Denver. Frankly, San Fran was his best opportunity at a Super Bowl. Tho, I understand Denver may sign Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark from Indy also. This may help Denver, but their defense needs work, too. But I really have to lose what little remaining respect I had for John Elway. He went from wanting to work with Tebow to kicking him to the curb awfully quick. Elway's in this for instant gratification and he will pay for this. He was very critical of Tebow at the beginning of the year. As the year went on, he hopped on the Tebow train faster than most did. He then closed the season saying Tebow was the man and he would work with him to make him great. Now, if Peyton Manning was banging down my door, I'd sure jump at the opportunity to have him on board. However, I would not throw my other players under the bus, esp. after stating how making them #1 was my first priority. John Elway looks like a donkey's bottom. He'll pay dearly for it if the Denver fans don't get the excitement and success they did last year. This obvious hate for Tebow is totally uncalled for. He proved he can work hard, work well with others and get the "W". His players respect him, his coaches like him, his fans love him... what is up?! I read that Tebow will most likely be going to the Jets (ugh!) and how they will want him to live in New Jersey to keep him away from the *sinister voice* evils of New York and that "he'll need his hand held here". REALLY?! Because he clearly led a life of debauchery in Denver and Florida and everywhere else he's been. It all comes down to this: the media (cuz this is where these ridiculous stories originate) are waiting for Tebow to stumble and fall, so they can "drive by" and "shoot" Tebow while he's down. "See we told you he's a fraud" they'll mock. But, I'm off topic. Tebow isn't a conventional QB. Who is? Brady? Manning? Favre? McNabb? Montana? Moon? Young? Elway?... sheesh I could go on and on. All these QBs have different styles, different strengths, different ways of getting the "W". Tebow is no different. "Well, his passing ratio is low and he is totally inconsistent throughout the game" So? Was this not his first year starting? Of course he's gonna have pretty low stats... he's not Hercules! For crying out loud, people! He's the model citizen, so he should be a model QB too?! Knock it off. Give him a chance. He's proved his work ethic and willingness to learn and GET BETTER! Give him the chance and I'm sure he'll prove a lot of nay-sayers wrong. But, Elway listened to the pathetic media, and dropped the guy like last years fashion line. I'm so glad to see Manning get a chance to play again and I really hope he does well and proves Irsey a moron. I hope Tebow does the same to Elway. What a great team Manning and Tebow could've been and Elway could've shown Irsey what loyalty is. But, no. Time will tell if these decisions will haunt the guys in the suits and prove their disloyalty towards their players. I could never be a Denver Donkey fan now, and it'll pain me to see see Manning in that ugly orange uniform! As well as Tebow playing for hot-head Rex Ryan... oi!