Monday, July 20, 2009

Bigfork/Flathead Lake trip


For our 10th anniversary this past June, Tony and I went to a nifty little cabin called the Islander in Bigfork, Montana. I fell in love with the area. I have also always wanted to be in a boat on Flathead Lake. So, this past weekend, we returned to this little piece of heaven on earth. We double hauled the camper and the boat and stayed at a nice little campground (with full hookups!) and a place to keep your boat. We found it on our last trip.




There are lots of lovely homes right on the shore of Flathead Lake. I can't even begin to imagine what these people do for a living to afford places like this, but if I ever figure it out, this place is mine!



My Beautiful Girl! She was so exited to go fishing!






We stayed pretty close to shore... I am a chicken in the open water! But in some places it was still 300+ feet deep! Yikes! However, it was a perfect day to be on the water. We went 40 miles round trip. We started at Woods Bay, where our campsite is, and boated to Finley Point. Our boat got in quite a workout. We didn't go out the next day as it was too windy! So we went shopping in Kalispell and hit the Glacier Maze.


We were chasing some birds and Aria was trying to "fly" with them... goofy bugga!




The Maze and all was quite a hit with Aria! She loved the Go-Carts. You can't see it, but she had the biggest grin on her face driving those laps with her daddy! At the maze, there are 4 towers you have to get to in order to complete the maze. She found 3 of the 4, no lie! I tried to lead first, then Tony, and we both failed miserably. So we said to Aria, ok, you lead... and next thing you know we had 3 stamps on our ticket! She probably would've gotten the 4th one, but the maze is like 1.5 miles, and she was pooped. Not to mention she had the stomach flu the day before. She's quite the trooper! I said lets quit and she told me no! "I'm fine, momma!" (she's not gonna let a little puking get in the way of her camping!) Bumper boats where also a good time; she got to squirt the water gun!






Let the memory making begin!!