Friday, July 31, 2009

The Brave have returned home

Paul and Daniel are back in their respective homes in the states. Paul arrived late Wednesday evening, and Daniel arrived late Thursday evening. It's kinda weird, cuz they both left for the in February on the same day (tho Paul had been in Iraq already, he was home on 2 weeks leave) and arrived home on practically the same day! And the timing couldn't be better: the violence in both Iraq and esp. Afganistan is on the rise. I truly believe the Lord had them both covered under His hand of protection and brought them home safe. As far as future plans go, that I am aware of, Paul is going into criminal justice this fall. He still has like 2 years left in the guard, but if I understand right, he can opt out of future tours as this one he was just on was a volunteered tour. That is if they don't need him. Not %100 on that tho. Daniel's future has him in Georgia till I think January 2010, then he's off to Korea for a year, and Marcia can't go with him. They are both happy to be home, obviously, and tired! I am so proud of these two. It gives me great pride having two family members serve our country and are now considered veterans!! Thank you Paul and Daniel...

Now I wish I could've been there to greet them both, but since I couldn't be there, a little fun song (yes, Paul, it's rap!) with a sentiment we all feel.. WELCOME BACK!!!
BTW~I couldn't get a clip of this song so had to download the whole thing and I feel pretty good about myself as I got this to work the first time! Just get thru the part with the kids singing in the "welcome back" T-shirts to get my drift...