Sunday, July 12, 2009

Found my camera!! So, this is a month late

Yeah, silly me. I seem to lose my camera often, but it always finds me sooner or later. Here are the pix from the Joplin Centennial from last month (almost to the date). It started Friday evening and Tony, Rick and Craig were one of three bands that performed for the dinner/dance. They sounded great and had lots of fun. The next day had more Centennial festivities along with the annual Art in the Park/Car Show. The weather was chilly and rainy most of that day, so many activities were postponed or moved indoors, like the movie and slide show. They did, however, put on an impressive fireworks display, despite the rain. As many of you know, Tony was raised in the area, it's definitely home for him and close to home for me as I grew up in Chester which is just 10 miles west of Joplin. Many of his old friends were home to visit. Surprisingly, and in a good way, I new more Joplin folk than I thought I did, and spent a lot of time catching up with several people over the weekend. It was nice to see a GREAT turnout for the event (I heard from 900-1200 total... which is incredible for a town with maybe 300 people in it now!). I was especially glad to spend a couple wonderful hours with my good friends Kris and Kevin Eveland (twin siblings I have known basically all my life and went to school with). The community really did a great job pulling off a successful Centennial celebration!


Craig, Tony & Rick shared the stage with 2 other bands... they have lots of equipment, but not that much!

Pictures don't do justice, but this little building, the Joplin Community Hall (where our wedding reception was) was PACKED!! There were twice as many people outside also... GREAT ATTENDANCE!



The little cutie with the blue balloon is Aria and her dancing partner... she danced with that balloon all night!

Again, no justice, but the fireworks were awesome! and loud in a little town:)



Sleeping Beauty... she was wiped out!