Monday, August 10, 2009

one month away..

One month from today has 2 events that are important to me. 1) NFL opening kick-off
2) I will be 30. I am so happy that football season is here! I watched the pre-season opener last night between the Titans and Bills. I am surprised to say I missed John Madden. But Cris Collinsworth as a replacement?! I enjoyed the few minutes Al Michaels interviewed Tony Dungy way more. Why couldn't Tony be replacing Madden? Collinsworth is okay next to Bob Costas in the studio, but not as a sportscaster. Remember Collinsworth and Bryant Gumble doing play-by-play together for the NFL network? Not so good. Perhaps he will get better with time, but Collinsworth has some major humility issues to deal with before he deserves to fill Madden's shoes. (if you missed the half time tribute to Madden during the game you may have no idea of what I'm talking about. I'll sum up... Collinsworth thinks he's the best sportscaster after Madden, so it's perfect fit, duh!) Anywayyyy, so the season officially kicks off September 10... YAY!! Marcia is too funny, cuz she thought she was giving me new info. when she told me that. The season opener falls more on my birthday than not. I can't think of a better way to celebrate than by watching some football! I am not depressed, or making lists of things to do before 3-day (even if I did, one month is not long enough time). I accept that everyone, including me, gets older. I accept that time flies by, but there is nothing I can do about it. I accept that even tho I will be 30, I'll always want to be 17 (that was a very good year for me:)). I also accept that maybe a month or two after turning 30, I may hate my age and bemoan the fact to whoever will listen. But for now, it is okay to be turning 30! I do not want any surprises, but I am a milestone person. For Tony's 30th, for my parents 30th anniversary, for our 10th anniversary, some friends who have recently turned 30...it was a big deal! I'm just sayin'... So in summary, Football, good. Birthdays, good. Getting older, acceptable. No surprises, but honey, you can spoil me and I can TAKE IT!!!