Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pookie's 4 today!


My baby, pretty baby is growing up so fast
Time goes by so quick, moments just don't last
I remember the day you were born, 4 years ago today
The sun seemed to shine brighter, all clouds kept at bay
When I first held you, I didn't know to laugh more or cry
All I could do was look at you... all night, like some kind of high
Then the milestones we went thru, some good, some bad
I found you are a wonderful kid and you have a wonderful dad!
I love how literal you are, and very observant too
I love how thoughtful you are, and your fear of the slightest boo
You're my little side-kick, people notice when you're not with me
You fill my heart with pride and joy, and also lots of glee
How did we get on before you, I may never know
But you make each day exciting, it's fun to watch you grow
So happy birthday, my little 4 year old
Thanks for all the laughs, the patience, and the love!