Friday, November 19, 2010

Time to play catch-up!

Ladies and Gentlemen! I am back! *Whew* and do I have some ground to cover! I'll start with the much earlier promised Halloween pix. Aria, as you can see, was Jessie from Toy Story. You can't really tell, but I tried to color her hair red also. It took more than a few washes to get it out and I would recommend not using face paint to color blond hair!:)
She was so excited to wear this costume... she wore it everyday the whole weekend!

And the verdict? Cute, but not quite carbon copies!


Hunting season is over for our family. We filled all of our tags this past weekend. As the picture below shows, I got a buck. It's a two-point, but it may be the biggest 2-point anyone I know has ever bagged. It was kinda fun hunting this year. It was fairly mild fall season. That made it harder to hunt as the deer weren't wandering around much. So that meant hiking thru coulees and wading thru chest-high CRP. It was a blast! I love that part of hunting: out in nature, spending time with family/friends, being productive and filling the freezer.


Without meaning to, we are apparently collecting vintage vehicles. The '51 Ford pickup isn't just any vehicle, tho. A few months back, Tony and I were driving thru Chester and Tony spotted this pickup in an alley. "That's my grandpa's old pickup!" So we drove back to get a closer look and sure enough it was. Tony told me he learned to drive in this pickup and his grandpa told Tony he would give it to him once he got his license. Well, he ended up trading it for a new water truck, so Tony never got it. Fast forward to this past summer and I got to thinking I should get that for Tony. I talked to the owner who was willing to work out a deal on it and, tah-dah! Christmas came early for Tony. I think this pickup is more than just a gift for him. Tony was especially close with his grandpa and this pickup represents his many memories of them together. It's probably priceless in Tony's book. The only thing is, how do I up the ante next year?


I am not loving this weather. I think when one has 70 degree weather one weekend then 10 above the next with blizzard like conditions, I have every right to complain. Not to mention it spoiled my weekend plan to visit my family in Billings. Somehow, tho, traveling with a 4 year old and 2 middle aged dogs on questionable roads for 4-5 (at least!) hours in subzero temps didn't sound like too good of an idea. But, my house is decorated for Christmas (it's amazing what one can accomplish in 3 hours of no power)!

Now on to the last item on my agenda: NFL week 11! I feel so bad for missing the last couple of weeks. Better late than never, so here we go!

Redskins @ Titans: I wonder what they were thinking when Washington extended Donovan's extension? His ability to throw the ball at the receivers feet is truly a gift! His accuracy is just getting better and better. He scrambles and rushes for unbelievable yardage *eyes rolling*... Vick is a welcome recipient on McNabb's exit for sure! Redskins started with some flare, but it's fizzling out. Titans by 10

Packers @ Vikings: Wow for the drama in Viking-land! Chili is on the hot seat, Brett is, well... Brett, Randy Moss came, saw, left and Vikings have nothing to show for all this drama but a pathetic 3-6 record. Packers are a much better team and will win by 12.

Seahawks @ Saints: Surprisingly, this may be a good game. The Seahawks have been under the radar, perhaps because of the division they're in (and yes, I know it's the same one as the '9ers!), but they have won some games recently rather decidedly. Saints are puzzling to me. They lost to the Browns?! It's hard to call, but I think the Seahawks will lose by a smidge in the Superdome. Saints by 4.

Colts @ Patriots: Remember when this was the game of the year?! Both teams are struggling (compared to typical seasons in the past), but will still probably match up well against each other and put on a show. I give Colts the edge by 1.

Giants @ Eagles: Now, the Giants have some 'splainin' to do after last week's embarrassment of a loss to the Cowgirls. What the...?! So much for dominate NFC team. I am really glad to see Michael Vick making the most of his second chance, however, I am not ready to give him the MVP award after one great game. He looked terrific, but Sunday night will prove if it was a fluke or not. And, he is playing against a much better (hopefully!) defense. I think the Giants will come out guns blazin' and win this on Eagles turf by 6.

Broncos @ Chargers: These two teams are keeping each other company at the bottom of the AFC West division. Should be a fun game to watch. I like the Broncos by 9.

Ok, I think I'm all caught up now! So have a good weekend and stay warm out there!