Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Biggest loser and more weight loss tales

I have never voted for any reality show competition before... till last week. I watch the Biggest Loser and really like that show, for a reality show. It at least has positive results in the end. It is really fascinating to watch these people morph physically and mentally. I voted for Daris last week. I really wanted to see him in the top 3. I always liked Koli and Sam, but I was so over their "we are inspirational and motivational to everyone and want the confetti to fall on our head" shtick. Perhaps I still "lost" tho, as Koli won the at home prize and Daris got nothing. I was happy to see Michael win. At first I didn't like him, but as the season progressed, so did his attitude and his work ethic. I liked his humor, too. I kinda thought if he worked hard, he would win, just cuz he had so much more weight to lose than anyone else. I wish they would quit pandering to Shay from last season tho. She needs to quit having people hold her hand now. She looks fine. Why not help the twin brothers, James and John? They need some extra attention, too! I don't get why some people get more attention/help than others. Every one of those contestants could benefit from extra incentives to lose more weight at home.

Speaking of weight loss...

I have been maintaining my own weight loss 3 weeks after completing the first of 2 HCG diet cycles. It hasn't been as easy as advertised. I have been doing Weight Watchers... well, let me be honest. I started doing Weight Watchers last week FAITHFULLY. I put on 3 lbs. 2 weeks ago, but since I have been faithful, I have dropped that 3 lbs and am back to my original weight loss #. Oh, and I just got my new treadmill and am loving that! I will continue with Weight Watchers till about mid-summer and do a second round of HCG diet and hopefully be to my goal weight before school starts up in August! I have been getting a few inquiries about the HCG diet and let me tell you, I am happy to share my experience but I don't know if this is the absolute cure-all for weight loss. It has been so far for me, but that doesn't make it fool proof! I don't mind being the guninea pig here, but time will tell if this will be a long term thing or not. A lot of that is up to me tho, not the diet itself... this is important to remember!

You have to follow the diet to the letter and I have a co-worker's daughter who is doing it and will fail because she is not doing the diet. She will be disappointed and mad at me cuz I said it works. It does, but only if you STRICTLY follow the diet. No Cheating Allowed! So that is advice #1 from me: Follow the diet. If it says no cosmetics other than eyeliner, lip gloss, and powder, don't use any other cosmetics. If the diet says to eat only so much of this type of meat and this type of veggie, eat just those types. If you don't think you can handle that, then don't do the diet. It won't work for you. And no alcohol! Why do people just want to whither and die when their alcohol is restricted for 3 to 4 weeks?! (Perhaps AA instead is in order? Seriously!) Not a big deal silly! All that food: the candy, chips, burgers, alcohol will be there when you're done. (Just remember moderation when you get to that point, mmm-k?) You can do it!! And I'll help and cheer you on the whole way:)