Friday, October 29, 2010

Week 7 follow up, Week 8 picks & Election Day is around the corner!

Okay, who else thinks this was the 2nd highest scoring weekend for the NFL in the past decade due to the boot-to-the-neck stance the NFL took to defensive players last week? Did anyone watch some of the replays of some of those games? Steelers' Harrison opted out of several potential tackles to avoid any more serious fines. It was obvious they were not playing at a %100 level. It made me a bit sad. And where were the Broncos? Did they know they were playing the RAIDERS in a game called FOOTBALL?! What a complete embarrassment for any Bronco Fan. And the Cowgirls, well, they are really coming thru for me! Thanks, 'girls for a great season!

Dolphins @ Bengals: I'm going with the Bengals for this game. They need to crank things up a notch (we're almost to mid season!) and what better way to do that than at home against a 3-3 lackluster Dolphins team. Bengals by 8.

Broncos @ 49ers: I'll say it again. What an embarrassing game last week for the Broncos! Now, should I apply my theory that since the '9ers beat the Raiders, they can beat the Broncos too? Sure will and am! Maybe won't be the scoring fest, but I'll give them a win by...umm... 21.

Buccaneers @ Cardinals: The Bucs are 4-2. Really?! The Dark Horse of the League? They've been playing well and I look for that to continue. Bucs by 10.

Seahawks @ Raiders: Was last week a fluke or no? We shall see. Seahawks also have a surprising 4-2 record. I think they are playing well enough even to win with Raider Nation looking on. Seahawks by 12.

Steelers @ Saints: What is up with the Saints? They couldn't pull off a win against the Browns! That is something. Steelers were good while Ben sat on the sidelines thinking about how to act like a grown-up. Now that Big Ben is back, they look, admittedly, pretty good. Steelers need to capitalize on the Saints downward spiral. Steelers by 6.

Texans @ Colts: Both teams at 4-2 records. Last meeting saw the Texans win. Another win for the Texans could cement their dominance in that division if they win again on Monday night. But I don't see it. The Colts are at home and are improving weekly. Colts by 9.

That's right, I look for defense to loosen up a bit and start playing all out which should result in lower scoring games. We'll see. Happy Week 8!

So now that that is out of the way, Election Day is Tuesday, November 2. Please vote. I've already decided how I am going to vote on every nominee/initiative on the ballot. Have you done your homework? Do you know what each candidate brings to the table, what issues are on the ballot, how you feel about them and how they may affect you? It's so important to be educated when you go to the polling place. Whether you believe it or not, these issues and people could affect you in one way or another and the only way to have a say is to vote!

And since this is my blog, I'm going to voice my opinions loud and proud:
Go Conservative Republicans and Go Neal Eveland for Liberty County Justice of the Peace!!