Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Marcia will miss Wild Card Weekend:(

The Playoffs are here! Get out the chip dip, whip up some nachos! But before I get into that, I want to let people know how amazing my sister, Marcia, is. She is getting ready to welcome home her husband from Korea tomorrow. They leave Georgia Friday afternoon after final inspection and will be driving from Georgia to Montana to visit family all over the state and then on to Washington, where they will catch the ferry to Alaska, which is their final destination. The amazing thing about Marcia is that she has been getting the house ready to move, getting paper work in order for her, Reagan, her vehicles, her animals, working full time, caring for a 7 month old, nursing a bad cold, and has about 2 and 1/2 weeks to prepare (due to the military's last minute notification system)! And she doesn't complain. Well, she does a little, but not like you or I would. She just buckles down and gets things done. She's exhausted and overwhelmed, but come Friday, she and her family will be together and spend lots of catch up time on the 5 day drive to Montana! MARCIA: YOU ARE AMAZING AND AN AWESOME WIFE, MOM, & SISTER!!! You are a great role model for all military wives out there. Can't wait to see you real soon and I'll keep you posted on the games!

Saints @ Seattle: So Seattle won the division and ended up hosting this game. I don't care if they're the the 1st division champ in NFL history making the playoffs with a losing record. Look at the rest of the division! If you don't like it, try to change the division you're in. For heaven sake, it's how it goes! I think the Saints aren't Super Bowl contenders, but I think they bring more to the table than the Seahawks. Seahawks have yet to name their starting QB for Saturday's game, but it won't matter. Saints should win by 10.

Jets @ Colts: I really tried to give the Jets a chance this season. But they kept losing, then getting in trouble, and losing, and getting in trouble. It's hard to like this team, really. Rex Ryan is a jerk. His coaching staff is not much better. But they have had moments than make me wonder, "should I lay off the judgement for a bit?". The Jets have a chance, honestly, to win this game. The Colts have major injuries on both sides of the ball. Peyton hasn't looked like MVP material to me this year... everything just seems off in Indy. Yet they pulled off enough for home field advantage this weekend. Because of how much the Jets have put me on a roller coaster, I'm done with them. No more drama! Colts must win! Colts by 6.

Ravens @ Chiefs: Ravens definitely have a leg up on this game. Say it with me: EXPERIENCE. This is their 3rd playoff appearance in a row. Chiefs are back from a 4 year long hiatus, which ended with them losing in the first round. Tho, I have to admit the Chiefs are doing well this year... till they lost to the Raiders last week! WHAT?! No, I think the Chiefs offense, while good, won't be able to last against the Ravens notorious tough defense. Ravens should win by 7.

Packers @ Eagles: A game that has potential go to the wire. I have been impressed with Michael Vick this year, but is he playing Sunday? Aaron Rodgers looks good too. These 2 teams defenses are fairly equal. I think that with the Eagles playing at home, however, this is certainly in their favor. If Vick starts, and he should (right?!), I think their chances are even better. Eagles by 3.