Friday, November 13, 2009

Dad, Mom and Paul were just here:)

They arrived Wednesday and left just this morning. Dad, Paul, Tony and I went hunting a couple of times. Paul filled a tag, but that was it. We put the sneak on a few deer, but were spoiled by some cows of all things. It has been a while since Paul has been able to join us, so it was just like old times. We had a blast. Mom hung out with Aria. It is always so good to see family!

The 49ers beat the Bears! I missed the game cuz I just plain forgot about it, visiting with family and all. When Paul told me the score, I just about lost my teeth! After their embarrassing loss to the Titans, I was ready to pull out my paper bag again. I really think they are improving. Not as quickly as I would like, but they were terrible a few years back, and these things take time. Cutler threw 5 INTs! Good job "best arm in the league"! While I am at it, why don't I post my picks for week 10 (already?!)

Bills @ Titans: The Titans seem to have some new life since Vince Young took over as QB. The Bills? Meh. I think the Titans continue their little engine that could momentum and win this by 13.

Bengals @ Steelers: Ooohh! Almost my pick for game of the week. Should be interesting to see the surprising Bengals take on the hot Steelers. The Bengals have already beat the Steelers once this season, but I don't see them going 2-0 against them, esp. cuz the Steelers are at home and dominate in their stompin' grounds. Steelers by 6.

Cowboys @ Packers: So, the media continues it's love/hate relationship with Tony Romo. This week they love him. He's the perfect QB. His Novembers have always been strong... but then the playoffs happen and we have a totally new Romo to discuss. The Packers, well, I like them cuz Brett isn't there and that is about it. This is a bias pick, cuz I don't like the Cowgirls and so, for an upset, I pick the Pack by 4.

Eagles @ Chargers: Hmm. Eagles lost a close one to the Cowboys last week. Poor coaching choices that hopefully they've learned from. The Chargers appear to have the edge and they are at home. I think this game comes down to which QB has a better game. McNabb in inconsistent and Rivers is a hot-head. I look for McNabb to pull himself together a bit and win this by 12.

Patriots @ Colts: My obvious game of the week. These 2 teams have a rivalry that is becoming like the pre-Super Bowl game lately. I am torn to how to pick this cuz while the Colts are 8-0, let's not forget how many of those wins were by thismuch and who those losses almost came to. These 2 teams prepare very well for each other, so it should go to the wire. Manning, while a master QB, needs to continue winning to have a smooth transition into home field advantage for playoffs. I pick the Colts to win by 3.

Ravens @ Browns: When they put this schedule together, the powers that be probably thought this would be a great Monday night match-up. Not unless a miracle occurs for the lowly Browns. Ravens by 21.

Now I enjoy the weekend of cleaning house, and starting to put up Christmas decorations, prepare for our trip to Florida and Football Sunday! Later=)