Saturday, January 9, 2010

First playoff prediction

2 games today, 2 games tomorrow. Well, guess I'm booked for the weekend!

Jets @ Bengals: This game will be played in conditions that, for anyone, will be treacherous. The Jets were given a gift by the Colts in winning their last game to be here today. I don't think the Jets can muster a win in the playoffs. It would be really funny if they did advance and (impossible but fingers crossed) got farther than the Vikings. But I don't think they have the experience to advance beyond this game. Jets QB is a rookie, but we've already had our breakout rookie season recently (Big Ben) and Sanchez is nowhere close to Roethlisberger. Bengals by 13.

Eagles @ Cowboys: So everyone seems convinced that this will be the year Romo can actually win a playoff game. Yes, the Cowgirls are 2-0 against the Eagles. Last weeks game was a cop out in my opinion. The Cowgirls were in shotgun for almost every offensive play of the game. Ok, it worked, but I'm sure it won't work 2 weeks in a row. I wonder if Andy Reid has some trick up his sleeve and we'll see the Eagles like we haven't seen them all season. The Eagles have one thing the Cowgirls don't: consistency winning playoff games. Eagles by 6.

Ravens @ Patriots: Pats in a wild card game. Weird. I haven't been impressed with anything related to the Patriots this year. The Ravens started off stellar, then digressed as the season went on. The Pats showed some sort of life towards the end of the season, but it wasn't the typical dominance we've been used to seeing. This may actually be a well fought game. I predict this to go into OT and the Pats will win by a field goal.

Packers @ Cardinals: Packers won't advance. The thing with wild card games is there are usually a couple of teams who got in by chance, luck... I think the Packers are one of these teams. Now the Cardinals aren't the team they were last year, but they should dominate this game. Now, again, if the Packers were to get farther than say, the Vikings, well that would just be great. But, I've been getting used to disappointment. Cardinals by 10.

On a totally non-football related note, Daniel is now in Korea and Marcia is home alone in Georgia (does anyone else love the movie Home Alone like me?!). Shosh has plenty to keep her busy and Daniel is looking forward to this opportunity, but keep them in your prayers as I'm sure there will be good days and bad. Shosh is doing well and the baby is growing fast and well! I also got word that my Gramma is in the ICU with probable heart failure. It can be treated, but she needs your prayers also. Thanks everyone and have a great weekend!