Sunday, January 31, 2010

Super Bowl week!!

Before I get into my 2nd most favorite time of the year (Christmas is my 1st), I heard a joke I have to share:

So, Brett is thinking of retiring (*snort*) and opening a pastry shop. His specialty? Turnovers!!

Ha! C'mon, I know you're laughing:)

I have let a week pass between for a reason... I was afraid I'd rub it in a little too much. But, I told you so. There, no more gloating from me. Ok, on to the Super Bowl!

They always say "defense wins the game". I still believe this to be true for this Super Bowl, but in a different way. Both teams are offense oriented. I expect to see a score in the high 20's low 30's for both teams. The defense that gets exploited the most will be the team that loses. And when you're playing against Peyton Manning and more importantly, Tom Moore, offensive coach wizard extraordinaire, I think you will lose. To watch those 2 come out in the 2nd half against the Jets last week was pure genius to watch. They picked the Jets defense apart after a disastrous 1st half. The Saints defense will have it's work cut out for sure. I am not so sure the Saints got in the Super Bowl on pure defensive stances and offensive power, due to the Vikings incredible ability to turn the ball over on key plays. It's hard to say. I think that the Colts have talent and experience on their side for sure. Plus, let's face it, friends, the Saints are playing like it's owed them because of Katrina. I am not saying they played well and have turned it up and notch or two since that disaster, but no one deserves to win more than anyone here for any reason. Play football and play to win!! I have been watching analysis of both sides for the last few days and the consensus is there is no consensus. Both teams are good. Colts will most likely be playing without Dwight Freeney, and this is a HUGE loss. Jeremy Shocky isn't 100% for the Saints and he is a big play maker. The Manning/Brees showdown is sure to live up to it's hype. I look for this game to go to the wire. I however like the Colts, they have integrity, strength, experience, depth... hard to beat in all categories in my book. Colts 34, Saints 29.

Enjoy the Super Bowl!

Along these lines, kudos to a class act in Kurt Warner. He leaves the game with his health, as a future hall of famer, and set an example for some (*cough* Brett) on how to leave with grace and dignity. He was a Cinderella story for the NFL and a person to genuinely respect and admire. Best wishes, #13!