Saturday, January 16, 2010

Perhaps better predictions this week?

Ok, I know... 1-3 last week. To tell you the truth, I put who I wanted to win, not who I thought would win. It pains me to say the Cowgirls are playing good football right now, but they are. I am really interested in this week's games cuz I have read several articles, esp. on the Colts and how they deserve to lose this week for "giving up on perfection". While I like the Colts, I kinda agree with that. Anyone who assumes something, whether right or wrong, is still assuming and you know what that does. (hint: A-S-S U M-E) No I want the Colts to win, but it really makes it hard to cheer for a franchise that can't play to win. And won't you know, the Jets could potentially meet the Colts for the AFC championship. Still think the Jets should not be this far in the playoffs, but they took a gift and ran with it!

Cardinals @ Saints: I really like Kurt Warner. In a world of Tiger Woods, Pacman Jones, Gilbert Arenas... Kurt's a refreshing breath of moral air. The Saints are a Cinderella story really. When was the last time they had a winning season, ever? Except a couple years ago, NEVER! I think the Cardinals have lots of good momentum going into this game and the Saints were losing their touch towards the end of the regular season. They've had a week off to figure out their problems, but I don't think they'll be able to stop Warner and their high powered offense. Could be another high scoring game! Cardinals 42-Saints 38.

Ravens @ Colts: Again, I like the Colts. They should be able to beat the Ravens. Other than the Jets, I believe the Ravens don't belong here. They may have at the beginning of the season, but they don't have the talent or experience of any of these other teams. But, due to Colts "resting" for the last few weeks, I am sure we'll see some rusty plays and won't it be sad/funny to see one of them get hurt? So much for that idea! I am not advocating an injury, but it happens. Apparently Caldwell and the Colts management didn't get that memo. Colts 21- Ravens 19.

Cowgirls @ Vikings: Ugh! Who do I want to see lose MORE?! Brett is so sure he's leading this team to the Super Bowl, he's probably mastering that fake cry thing (you know, the one he whips out every time he retires) when he holds the trophy. Then there is the Cowgirls. America's team *snort*. I'd like to see an old man bowl for the NFC championship (Warner vs. Favre). I never cheer for the Cowgirls. I will cheer for the Vikings, except Brett. How's that for compromise? Vikings 28-Cowgirls 23.

Jets @ Chargers: The game I'm least interested in. Jets, meh. Chargers, meh. Don't care who wins as they will face the Colts in AFC championship, then call it a season. Chargers should win this easily as I'm still not convinced of the Jets playoff potential. They were given a gift people! Chargers 27-Jets 10.

So I expect to see the Vikes and Cards for NFC championship, and Colts and Chargers for AFC Championship. The Super Bowl will feature the Colts vs. Cardinals. Now, I'll put my crystal ball away. Have fun!