Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Project

It has been a dream of mine to own decent Victorian themed furniture for quite awhile. I love that era as far as interior design is concerned. I purchased this chair and matching couch a few years back for next to nothing with the intention to reupholster and stain. Well, I am making good on that intention this winter thanks to my mother in law Debbie, Tony, and an unexpected, but wonderful gift from my parents.
Before... a diamond in the rough?

Aria took this "action shot". It's a lot of work to take fabric off a piece of furniture!

Starting to make some progress!

Bare bones

What it looks like now...

I found the perfect fabric, but to my great disappointment, every place I check on for it, has discontinued it! I am searching for the perfect replacement now. Tony is stripping the wood and will stain it for me. Debbie has some experience with re-upholstery, so with her gracious help, we'll hopefully have my beautiful new Victorian seating done before summer! I am so happy to have this done and anxious to see the final result!