Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I should write these down before I forget!

I've been told that one should write down the things their children say for future enjoyment (or blackmailing! kid, I kid!). So here are a few things quotes from Aria that come to mind.

In no particular order:

~after returning home from a recent family wedding, Uncle Dustin asked Aria why she never danced with him. Aria's reply, "I only dance with boys who make me look pretty."

~while attending a friend's wedding recently, Aria was totally enthralled with the bride. Aria went up to her and quizzically asked, "what kind of shoes are you wearing?" My friend, the bride, lifted her skirt to reveal that she had on flip-flops. Aria's face had a look of disappointment as she sighed, "oh, I thought they'd be glass slippers."

~heard after Papa told Aria he'd eaten the resident wild cat's 4th leg, Aria joked, "well, did you eat it with salsa!"

~one of Aria's favorite words right now is ACTUALLY. For example, if you were to say "It might rain out today" Aria would respond "Actually, it won't rain, cuz the sun's out right now". Or if you were to say "Sadie and Riley are our dogs" she would respond "Actually, Sadie and Riley are my dogs". She counters almost anything we say with "Actually..." and yes, it does have a valley girl inflection to it!

~Thunderstorms in our home are called "Thunderheads!" And it is said in a menacingly low voice.

~She has a baby doll. Well, she has several. But her main and most prized baby doll is named Brian. Brian also is a cross-dresser. Brian is a boy doll, but wears dresses, has a bow in his hair and even has ruby-red shoes. Don't call Brian a girl, EVER! Brian just likes to wear dresses, cuz "they're pretty" according to Aria (he told her that).

~Aria's Uncle Craig works for BNSF and fixes trains. If she ever sees a train that is just sitting on the track and not moving, she almost always says "Uncle Craig needs to fix that train and it will work again!"

~One of her favorite movies right now is "Monsters courses Aliens". AKA Monsters VS Aliens.

~She likes wearing "high up heels" or what we call high-heeled shoes.

~for the longest time, my sister's baby Reagan, was gonna be Aria's sister, not cousin. Imagine the looks I got when Aria would announce to anyone who would listen "I'm gonna have a baby sister!"

~Daddy "sleeps at work". No, honey, he works at a sleep lab and helps people sleep better. But in Aria's world, he sleep there too!

~Tho my favorite is "Mom, you're the best mom in the whole, wide sea!" She says this to me frequently. :)

I Love my little Pookie!