Tuesday, September 22, 2009

High scoring week 2

Wow... a fun, very unpredictable week 2! Who knew so many high scores could be posted in the same week. The one game I figured would be a blow out was one of the lowest scoring games of the week: Pats vs. Jets. I admit, Rex Ryan can back up the talk after the Jets shut down New England. I was surprised at how well they did it. Not sure if Brady is a bit rusty from last year's injury or what, but the Jets should be taken a bit more seriously now. As should the Saints. If anything was proven in that game, it's that the Eagles are average at best without McNabb. I think I was surprised the most, however, by the Dolphins. They kept up with the Colts till about 2 minutes to go in the game. What needs to be stressed about this game was that the Colts had only 3 snaps the whole 2nd half! The Dolphins still lost after all that time possessing the ball. Unbelievable! I had to laugh at the sportscasters, they were pretty sure the Dolphins had put this one away (maybe except Gruden, he was slobbering over Manning all night) and I thought about a game I watched on Monday night several years ago. The Colts were down by at least 2 touchdowns with less than 5 minutes to play in the game. Manning was brilliant and led the Colts to win that game without going into overtime. I think they were playing the Bucs, which could explain Gruden's obsession. Manning also surpassed former Colt Johnny Unitas in getting his 119 win. I think he's #5 on the list now for most career wins. Perhaps my wondering out loud if Manning was near expiration date was a bit premature. My '9ers pulled off a great win against the Seahawks. Considering the stink this rookie Crabtree is making, they are carrying on very well. He's not the first to pull the "I'm worth way more than $20,000,000" sob story and he won't be the last. It is a mindset that I can't identify with. What I could do with $50,000! Good week for football. Stay tuned, cuz next week, my '9ers play the Vikes.. could get ugly!:)