Thursday, September 3, 2009

one missed number and...

A phone conversation from yesterday...

A sleepy sounding Paul: "hey!"

Me: "hey!"

A still sleepy sounding Paul: "what's going on?"

Me: "I'm calling to wish you happy birthday!"

A confused Paul: "WHAT?!" who's identity I just am now starting to doubt.

Me: "Isn't this Paul?"

Stranger on the phone: "No!" oh boy...

Me (stating the obvious here's your sign): "oh no! I have the wrong number!"

Stranger on the phone: "*laughing*yes you do! But thanks for the birthday greeting!"

Me (completely embarrassed, even tho I have no idea who I am talking to: "you're welcome. BYE!"

Stranger on the phone: "*still laughing* k- bye!"

CLICK

God gave me blond hair for a reason. Have I ever mentioned how many times I've called my father-in-law "honey" over the phone. It's more than once.

I did finally get ahold of Paul. Happy 23rd, Pauly-wally-doodle-all-the-day!!!!