Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 3 'round the corner!

This week, no this month is going way too fast! It's late Saturday night, and I haven't posted my picks for week 3. So here they are!

Browns vs. Ravens: Ravens are doing well. Good ol' Ray Lewis is a senior citizen in NFL terms, but moves like he's new to the league. I continue to be impressed with Flacco and the Raven offense. Browns are still struggling. Ravens by 13.

49ers vs. Vikings: Normally I don't put my own team in this line up, as it's quite obvious who I would pick, but this is different. Now Brett, you almost had me with your Sears commercial last week "I hate guys who can't make decisions". But I am not that easily swooned! I look for Brett's magic to start to fade beginning tomorrow. My '9ers have been playing well, this will be a good test for them. I pick my '9ers by a field goal.

Saints vs. Bills: I have been overlooking the Saints, so now I stop. Drew Brees is off to a great start. It is only week 3, so it may be too soon to give him the MVP award, but I've heard rumors it could be his this year. So don't let me down Saints for a win by 9... um, T.O. who?

Dolphins vs. Chargers: The Dophlins could've easily won last week against the Colts. LT is still out and the Chargers just don't look like they did last year. I also, while mocking the Dolphins ownership last week, forgot who's behind the scenes: Bill Parcels. Dolphins by 10.

Colts vs. Cardinals: I think the Colts lost some major points in their near loss to the Dolphins last week; many are predicting the Cardinals to win. The Cardinals were fun to watch last year and their Super Bowl appearance was very memorable, but this team isn't the same this year. They have to prove to a lot, including me, that last year wasn't a fluke. Sorry Warner. The Colts have some key injuries this week so it may be interesting. Colts by 3 in overtime.

Panthers vs. Cowboys: Boy, Romo has been taking a lot of flack since his performance in the Cowboys new dome! He's a choke artist when it counts. I agree with the critics, he has not deserved this superstar rep. he has gotten. He has plenty to work with! The Panthers were once a NFC champion, but have spiraled downward slowly ever since. But, people, c'mon! It's the Cowgirls!! My spoiler pick: Panthers by 7.

On a personal note, this will hopefully be the last weekend I enjoy the NFL in either a lazyboy recliner or large dish chair. We sold our old sofa set a week ago to make room for the new set. Our sofa has arrived in Great Falls, but we won't be able to pick it up till next Saturday (delivery to Joplin is too expensive). I can't wait to watch week 4 in absolute comfort and style next week! =D