Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No, my house is fine!

The title to this post is a response I gave more than once after the heart breaker of a game Sunday afternoon. I had a few calls and a couple different people were checking to make sure I didn't light the house on fire or something. I did have a toy of Aria's that flew across the room, but no damage was done.

Yes, Brett Favre and the Vikes BARELY beat my '9ers. BARELY people. Like 2 seconds left in the game... that would classify as BARELY. Brett is lucky he had a veteran receiver in Greg Lewis to pull that throwin'-it-up-hoping-something-purple-catches-it pass. Brett was even cocky enough to admit he had no idea who caught the ball. Way to know your team, Brent. I really don't know what the 49ers were doing with 1:40 left in the game and they ran the ball up the gut not once, not twice, but 3 and out! Poor management of the clock! I also would like to know who hired those 2 clowns who were calling the game: "Brett plays to win" and "Brett doesn't care about stats as long as he wins" oh puh-leeeze! "Brett loves winning" really? "Look at Brett, he just loves to win" Dumb@$$!! Who doesn't like to win?! It was sick listening to them drool over Brett. I was about to go to the ER to get some insulin, and then I had a heart attack instead. The 49ers proved they are for real, and until that last 2 seconds, Brett looked like a has-been (he still does if you ask me). Once again, the 49ers kept Peterson pretty quiet, except for 1 run. I am having fun here but, there were more games than this one.

The Lions won!! The Lions WON! Now global warming may become reality, my hair is actually jet black, and Elvis may be alive ever since the Lions won. Seriously, how sad is it when a professional team can't get a win for 19 games in a row?! This is crazy! I don't know what to think of the Dolphins, Titans, Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals, or Texans. These teams are pretty inconsistent, even if some of them have key injuries. The Giants are really revving it up and are the team to keep an eye on for now. Anyone else notice that the Broncos are doing well and guess who is helping majorly with that... Mike Nolan, Broncos defensive coordinator and former head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Hmm...