Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas, dear family and friends!

This time of year is probably my favorite (minus the cold and wind)! I love the decorations, the songs, the food, the good cheer... I do miss my family tho. This year, schedules and work made it hard to work around, but I was able to see all of them over Thanksgiving! We celebrate Christmas with the Millers this evening, then some of them are leaving for vacations. We'll have our first Christmas at home, EVER! While this sounds like it's not a big deal, it kind of is to me. It will be the first time since we've been married where we haven't been at family's house or had everyone in our home for Christmas. I'm actually looking forward to it. Tony, Aria, and I will open our gifts to each other and from my side of the family. I'm cooking pulled pork sandwiches and pumpkin parfaits for dessert. We'll have our own little family Christmas, and while I love the choas and excitement of family Christmas's, our quite little family Christmas sounds just as good. No matter what your plans are, what life is throwing at you, I hope you enjoy family and friends and the real reason we celebrate: the birth of Jesus and the joy and peace we can have if we choose to make Him the Savior of our lives.