Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 2 and Week 8 respectively

I am in week 2 of couch to 5K or C25K as I will refer to it for sake of laziness!:) So far, so good. It was blowing and snowing, then melting, so I had to use our stationary bike inside for day 2. With our gravel/mud roads, it's really hard to run outside, honestly. It's been a pretty easy program to follow. Week 2 is alternating 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking for 20 minutes, with good warm up and cool down. I couldn't do it without my MP3 player. There's something about turning on some good tunes and breaking a sweat that makes me feel really good.

It is week 8 in the NFL this weekend. I'm posting now, as I want to try and post some Halloween related stuff later. No Sunday evening game this week, so what to do, what to do?

Broncos @ Ravens: Broncos are still undefeated and coming off a bye week. Ravens are good, but I am doubting how good lately. Have to give the Broncos head coach, Josh McDaniels lots of credit trading Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton. Orton and the Broncos are really clicking. Not so much for Cutler. However, the Broncos are traveling to Baltimore and all good things must come to an end. Ravens by 6.

Rams @ Lions: Battle of the losers. Sort of. Are the Rams trying to match the Lions record from last year? Or is it the Titans. I think the Lions, shockingly, have the edge. Lions 14, Rams 10.

Giants @ Eagles: Both these teams have much to prove in this game. Giants have been on a downhill slope, while the Eagles have been all over the place. I think the Giants will have regrouped and should win this by 10.

Dolphins @ Jets: I am officially adding the Dolphins to my Brett Favre and Cowboys list. Any team who is partially owned by has-been (Marc Anthony), crusty (Fergie)celebrities deserves this honor. I truly believe this is a free country and anyone can own/partially own a team, but a little know-how should be a requirement. Just like previous military experience of any kind should be a requirement for the President. I'm just sayin'. Jets by 12.

Vikings @ Packers: Ooohhh! Can you feel the tension? Smell the revenge? See the anti-Brett posters? This hopefully will make for a great game! I've read some articles how Brett is destined to lose this, how the Vikings are statistically shown to win this... who knows? I know what I want... to see the Packers pound Brett every defensive play they have. Of course I want every defense Brett plays to do that! Perhaps we witnessed the beginning of the end for Brett last week? Packers by a game winning field goal (sweet revenge for my '9ers!).

Falcons @ Saints: It's the Saints game to lose. If they win, no questions asked. If they lose, they join the growing crowd of teams in the are-they-for-real-or-not club. Saints by 9.

I hope we don't as many blowouts this week like we did last week. Close games are good for the game and more exciting to watch. Plus, it's nice to see players earn their millions of dollars when they can actually catch or throw or defend the ball.