Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 6 follow up

Another 50-50 week. But it was close! The Vikings won just by a missed field goal with 2 seconds left in the game. Had that gone differently, I would definitely be a happy camper today. I had an interesting discussion with someone over the weekend, and I'd like to put it down for the record. He told me if Brett were on my team, I would be all for it, cuz my team would be winning with Brett behind the wheel. I had so many problems with this statement, but didn't have time to get into it, but I pretty much told him I would have a new favorite team if Brett were to join the 49ers. It could happen as I'm pretty sure he'll retire and then flirt with another team till last minute and join the roster as starting quarterback with weeks to spare before opening kickoff. I've said before for Brett to stay away from my '9ers and I mean it! I'd probably adopt the Colts till Brett was out of the picture. Hand to God I would. Brett is not a one man show. That was evident on Sunday. You win with a team, not a quarterback, or running back or wide receiver. Brett didn't save this team. The Vikes have slowly been building a solid team for the last several years. The addition of Brett, I think, gives them false confidence that they are complete and invincible. Brett is old and past his prime. He is riding an adrenaline high and pure coincidence. One of these weekends, the shine will wear off, and we'll have alot of disappointed Vikings fans. I don't want this to happen to my team. I am a loyal 49ers fan, but Brett brings false hope and over sized ego to any team he joins. I'm not saying he'll join the 49ers, this is all hypothetical, but I will not support ANY team Brett Farve dooms. It's on the record now! I'll move on...

I was shocked at Giants/Saints score. I was unable to view this game, so can't really say what happened, but I'm sure Eli wasn't %100, and I know they have some key injuries. That and I think the Saints are seriously a good team again. The Texans and Bengals are so all over the place, I don't know if the most knowledgeable (not me) person in football can figure out week to week what these 2 teams are all about. Considering my history with the Broncos (see my last post), I surprised some that I was pulling for the Broncos to remain undefeated this week. I put Philip Rivers in the same category with Jay Cutler and Brett. Heads too big to fit in their respective helmets. It's fun and satisfying to see this trio lose.

To end on a positive note, the 49ers had a bye week, but still managed to go up 2 points in the FoxSports NFL power rankings!! Thanks to several teams poor performances in week 6, so thanks guys!